This tutorial will show you how to send a password protected, encrypted email to a recipient outside of Email Pros.
If you need to send a secure file, we recommend using our Secure File Link feature instead. This message encryption feature is designed to encrypt the message body of the email and small attachments only.
1. Compose a new message from any email application as normal (webmail, email software, or mobile device).
2. In the subject line, you must type in the word "encrypt/" first (be sure to add the slash), followed by the message subject, this will trigger our systems to encrypt your message. You may also attach a small file (under 10MB) with your message.
3. When finished typing, send it off as normal.
4. Our system will convert the message into an encrypted, password protected PDF file and it will arrive in the recipient's inbox as an attachment.
5. You will get an email confirmation from our server as proof of delivery indicating the message was encrypted and delivered.
The recipient will receive instructions in the email on how to register for a free account with our Secure Portal and obtain a password to unlock the encrypted PDF file. Once they enter the password to unlock the PDF file, they will be able to view your secure message privately outside of their email application.
Within the PDF file, there is a Reply button for the recipient to reply back to you securely.
Clicking the Reply button within the PDF will take the recipient to a secure web page to compose their message (and attach files under 5MB) to send back to you securely. You will receive the reply message as normal because our system has already decrypted that message before delivering it to your inbox.